Heartbeat


Monday, September 15, 2008

Track Thirteen

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

Coldplay

Welcome to the Window. You know what sort of situation really gets to me? The type where you want to talk to someone, but you're too scared. You're scared because you're afraid of failing, so hard that you can't repair it. But somehow, at one point, I managed to mask it up, and talk. As a consequence, I suppose I conveyed an image of someone totally different to what I really am. Which, in itself, is a really good thing, because it prevents people from just seeing an entire heap of rubbish right? The bad part, is that having such a cover makes the first impression that lasts a lifetime, and is usually never reversed. What to do right?
Right now, I find myself in a situation similar to the one mentioned above, with a few differences here and there. I want to talk to this person, but, as a friend to them, I feel like I've failed, over and over. I couldn't cut it to be able to support them, help them and be there for them when they needed someone, even though the odds of them actually turning to me were close to zero. I doubt, even after how much I tried, I made a slight indent in this friend's mind, let alone life. Yet again, what to do.
So, here I sit, wondering to talk to them or not. Frankly, I'm just afraid. I really am. Can only smile =] right?

Take it easy