Heartbeat


Friday, September 19, 2008

Amazing Grace [Revised]

V1.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch, like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

V2.
Let time and sun, stand still for all
And rains, come wash away
Such fears I've seen, and heal my soul
To see the new dawn's day

V3.
Endure, my heart, the weary load
Till grace comes saving me
I will not rest, and hope unfold
Stand strong for fears to be

V4.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
To souls as torn as mine
I once was broken, now I've found
The healing words of time



[Just a quick note, this song is one of the greatest ever written. It was composed by John Newton, who was formerly a slave trader in the 1700s. I ask that those of you who don't like the song, both original or my version, to keep your opinions to yourselves, and not be disrespectful of the power of this song.

Take it easy everyone.]