Heartbeat


Saturday, October 25, 2008

Track Twenty-six

"These hammers and strings
Have been following me around"

Jack's Mannequin

Welcome to the Window. It's been a long time since I last added a track to this compilation, so I thought I'd better resume.
Letting go is always easier said than done. For some, it's simply a matter of dumping that girl or boy they've been going out and hooked up with too many times. For others, it's leaving behind something that's not meant to be lost. I sometimes too easily say to people who've just lost a friendship that they should "learn from it, let it make you stronger, and you have better friends around anyway". When it came to me though, I found myself thinking, "Ah yes, right, I'm about as clueless and helpless as a... a... thing that's very clueless and helpless."
There's only so long you can really sit around in pools of regret and pity, but let's face it, the faster you get out the better right? Perhaps wrong, these pools get quite comfy.
So, in short, all I wanted to say was make sure you can walk the walk, and not just talk the talk, and yes, you can take it from me, because I do that all the time. Or not.

Smile =] and take it easy