Heartbeat


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Track Twenty-four

Simplicity is marvelous. Really, to watch a cloud slip across a clear blue sky is pure bliss. Well, not all the time, granted, but it's truly calming.

Welcome to the Window. Drawing and painting is a real skill that some people have naturally, or developed over a long period of time and hard work. Da Vinci spent over ten years drawing individual limbs of the human body, day after day, to perfect his form. Others are just plain talented, and could give Leonardo a run for his money. Today, I saw some pieces of art which really set my mind thinking. Not because they looked really deep and intriguing, but because I couldn't figure out what obscure lens the artist or creator was wearing over his eyes. In all honesty, some of the portraits, paintings and sculptures looked like a five year old had been trusted with a paint set and clay.

Then it occured to me: I probably couldn't produce anything much better could I? Really makes one eat the old words of criticism before they slip off the tongue.

Simple post today. Smile =]

Take it easy.