Heartbeat


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Offset

Come with me
From time to time, there seems to be never enough
White noise to block out the thousand sounds
Calling out to me, constantly weakening my bluff
Till all comes crashing down, yet again, all around
Sit here with me and watch the scene unfold
Everything echoing a thousand times louder
When the single tear falls as you break cold
Your emptiness reveals itself in power
Frequencies lower than the deepest valleys
Higher than all imaginable heights, they bleed
Into your mind-frame, twisting away at the debris
And as it all blends together, one lonely silent plea
I'm losing hope as the world turns with my life in its hands
Torn one way by this, another by that, yet still with you
Watching you slowly break me, it was never part of my plans
But it happens anyway, and now you won't relent, it's true
I should never have tried to bleed it out to or for you
Mistaken I was, and maybe still am, for trying to save
What I was with you, and hopefully forgive too
These cuts and bruises, my scars of this wreckage I braved
Give me a reason to change, and maybe I'll try it
Every little thing has failed so far, I won't deny it
So if this is the cure for me, to break this pain so quiet
Then the consequences I'll face, even if it tears me to bits
Perhaps you'll see, that nothing could ever break me like you
As this ruined earth turns each day, bringing troubles new
Like before, yes, when you break I'll take the blame
And your hollow tears, not fallen for me, will be my pain

[I'm losing hope]