Heartbeat


Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Way Shit Is

I can't trust a single person
Because a lies a commodity
You would've thought I'd learned my lesson
And not become a casualty
To the bullshit gallantry
That I was raised with every day
But people stab you silently
In the back while you pray
They all call me a liar
As I fight wars that aren't mine
Cause the truth's not the truth
It's whatever they define
It to be, and I'm fed up
With the fucking complaints
People just won't ever shut up
When they're wrong, and in pain
One person says "He did this"
While another "No he didn't"
Well I'm sick of this shit
It's not my problem is it?
But I'll keep pushing along
For a friend of so long
While they don't realise
That I'm the one with tears in my eyes
These social politicians
Who think that what they say goes
Manipulate me to their positions
Then lie to me, when I need to know
Is it hard to tell the truth
Or do you want a fucking pay cheque
To do the job you've been born with
To say it right, to save my breath
Now I'm strung up so high
Because I'm left here to die
For a reason so stupid
I can't believe I didn't see through it
Don't feed me the sorry's
I don't want your apologies
Just get out of my sight
Before I kill myself this very night
This frustration, it's tainted
With bullets and fragments
Of every single stupid mistake
That you made in the past and
I don't want to care anymore
Can't you get it in your head
But if I don't, then there's all
The consequences instead
So I'll smile for another day
Breakdown inside, as they say
All the shit behind my back
For my sacrificial ways
And I can't even admit
If it's worth it at all
But who really gives a fuck
What I'm thinking at all
So now do you get it?
I'm borderline insane
Maybe I'll grab a gun and
Blow a hole right through my brain
But who'll miss me when I'm dead
That stupid fucker who didn't side
With anyone, but instead
Tried to bring peace and quiet
No one ever really cares though
Because the guns and knives are out
And this shit'll pop off, so
Let's just forget about it now