Heartbeat


Friday, January 9, 2009

Track Thirty

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

Catcher In The Rye - J. D. Salinger


Welcome to the Window, in a new year, and a new perspective!
No, I lie, it's pretty much the same, all cynicism, sarcasm, witty (or shitty) humour, obscure points of view, and other such items of uninteresting nature. It doesn't really feel like a new year, more like the beginning of the end. All drama and corniness aside, when you face reality, or when I do, this is what I see. We may be picking up speed, but things are coming to a grinding halt sooner than I need it to be.

Moving on. This may be the only blog/journal type statement that I make, but I'm so happy I have to share my jubilation with all two and a half of my readers. Scrubs is back! That's it.

Let's have a reality check. A wise man (all seriousness, I highly respect this person's opinion, and he gives what may be the most substantially beneficial advice you'll need to hear, even if it hurts like hell at the time.) this holiday gave me a little example of how a river or gutter can represent life. Both of these things flow in one direction, correct? If they display our pathway in life, we should go with the current, and eventually it leads to the sea, which can be a metaphor for all the opportunities in life for us. However, there are always those little bits of rubbish or "scumbags" as he eloquently described them, which get caught and stuck on the sides of the gutter or river. These "scumbags" never reach the ultimate destination, and in our reality, they never fulfill their full potential in life, because of the determination to be so different and open in the rejection of the flow.

Some of you, or, as I don't really have that many readers, one or two of you may be wondering what I'm rambling on about. Well, I'll cut to the chase. We all have a choice. To go on and achieve our best (I sound like my parents...) or to be obstinate with our rebellion (someone help me I really sound like my parents). I hate hearing this shit. Really, all blatant honesty, I loath it. The worst part is that it's true, and God knows we hate the truth sometimes.

Don't live to regret stupid mistakes in life. It's a new year, and it's a new opportunity to make some good. Finally. Don't screw up. Don't be like me. Put your head down, push on, and smile =]

Take it easy everyone.