Heartbeat


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chapter Eight

"Oh Kason, you're so wonderful!"
"Please, please, it was nothing, I'd do anything for you baby."
"Oh KASON!" Zahra held my face in her hands, the tender embrace filling the room with emotion. Then she slowly leaned in, eyes closed, and we kissed. My hand lay on the small of her back, holding her body close to mine, the other tangled in her beautiful hair. Our breaths came in unison, as the liplock became stronger, and more passionate. Every sensation in my body was filled with pure bliss, and then I fell off my bed.
I spat out the corner of my pillow cover from my mouth in disgust, and unraveled the bedside lamp cord from my fingers. Tender embrace my arse. I sat on the floor in a semi depressed state, wishing so ferverently that the dream had been a reality. The clock on the bedside table read three thirty-five a.m. Perfect. Just what I needed to start a school week.

It had been two days since I'd last seen or heard from Zahra. The weekend had been boring, yet somehow I hadn't managed to find time to spend with her. Not like I'm desperate to be in her company, don't get me wrong. Right?
Why do I bother.
I don't even convince myself.