Heartbeat


Monday, December 29, 2008

Track Twenty-Nine

If you came from China and you wanted to go on a holiday to a really exotic and different place, you wouldn't exactly go to Beijing or Shanghai would you? Not for a holiday, surely. Perhaps Hawaii! Yeah, Hawaii sounds good, it's a CHANGE, something that's completely DIFFERENT, am I right?

Welcome to the Window. I'm here in another country, where I was hopeful to escape a lifestyle that I would face upon returning home. On the contrary, life is just about as uneventful, unentertaining, and depressing... especially in the areas where I needed the change. I'm not saying life at home sucks, but I'm not saying it's fantastic either. I'm saying that I needed the change, like a medication if you will, but it never came. Back home, it gets pretty lonely, and here? Well, at the worst of times I may as well have stayed back home.

There are a few things which provide a slight upside though. I'm treated with a little more maturity, so I feel a little more my age instead of a mummy's boy (the irony's killing me). Cheap shopping is the other plus, except it's a tad expensive when you have no money left.

The final positive aspect? Well, I'll leave that for you to figure out. It'll be really blatantly obvious, so smile =]

Take it easy everyone.