Heartbeat


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Track Twenty-Eight: Spinning Gears

Mere words are never enough to truly express the identical emotion purging and flooding the mind, and yet as this pen reaches this page everything flows faster than the eye can follow, more emotional than any mind could possibly dream of conceiving. It could take hours on end to till just a page with words, or it could take the space of just a few minutes. What truly drives a mind into the pensive state? Is it insecurities, or perhaps it could be fears, indescribable joys, or just the will to do something completely out of the ordinary. School days pass in a daze, minutes morph into morose and mundane months, yet they manage to steal away more from a person's life than any thief could envisage. Striking when we least expect it to arrive, we life in a state of forged dignity, pushing back any life that seems to hinder our road to personal gains and achievement. I struggle on a daily basis to comprehend why I try to cling to such foolish and materialistic values, in full knowledge of the fact that in only a very short period of time, it can all be taken away from me. Constantly, music is my greatest friend, curling up inside like a melodic ball of confusion to perhaps lull away the pain. Every note that plays pulls a different heart string, trigger and alternative stimulant in my body, and at times drives me to a state of pathetic bewilderment. Matching a tune to the individual needs of every feeling that raids my mind day and night proves to be always easier than I initially imagine. Breathing life into the words of the simple songs I write is always a greatest achievement, never failing to draw a smile of pure satisfaction and happiness. Yet here I am now, wondering whether or not tomorrow may hold a far greater and happier time for this soul, or perhaps another lonely memory, cracked and dry with the drought of yesterdays gone. Mind working at twenty to the dozen, new and refreshed thoughts stockpiled in every second of the years come and gone,

I say to you now,

Welcome To The Window